This position is responsible for managing all Wargaming communication methods with players both in and outside a specific title. The Content Manager has the ability to assign priority to concurrent events, bundles, and messaging, then determine how to best support each item. The Content Manager understands what the players want, what they are concerned with, and the content they must creates that serve the needs of the players through being an avid player of the game themselves.
This position operates as an owner of multiple channels that works with other departments to brainstorm and decide what is published through each communication method, assists with scheduling the content, requests and secures all needed assets, designs and writes the content, and then analyzes and makes decisions based on its performance. Individual is experienced in area of specialization and communicates regularly with related departments. The individual is a key contributor to their game pod, and is responsible for understanding what the priorities are daily, weekly, quarterly. Individual must create initiatives that are in lock step with the rest of the product team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plans, designs, writes, and formats player-facing e-mails, articles, and notifications.
- Participates in daily, weekly, and monthly brainstorming, define, and retrospective meetings to support and analyze beats.
- Manages the look and feel of the portal, launcher, and other highly trafficked areas by assessing the priority of events, bundles, contests, updates, and other messaging.
- Assesses the need and priority of guides and other permanent content pages, then creates and maintains these pages.
- Captures, edits, and publishes screenshots, video, animated GIFs, and other art assets, used by various departments.
- Uses analytic tools to analyze the performance of content, forecast, and make decisions on whether the content was successful and if changes need to be made in the future.
- Writes and edits copy as requested by other departments (such as PR, marketing, social media, video, and partners).
- Works with web development teams to give feedback, request new tools, and launch new portals and promo page.
Essential Position Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent combination of work and experience.
- Typically has a minimum of 3-6 years experience in a writing role. Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media and web content development.
- Familiarity using a CMS (Content Management System) and HTML to publish content.
- Experience working with task management software such as JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience using Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Google Analytics.
Knowledge, Skills, and Demonstrated Abilities:
- Collaboration – you understand that you are part of a team, you encourage a solid brainstorm, and you work hard to challenge your team towards greatness.
- Creativity – Evaluate areas of opportunity where players don’t fully understand our vision and develop plans and messages that will change perception for the better.
- Communication – Accountable for tone and direction of player communications at a high level. Maintain an authentic voice and ensure that this voice is applied in all channels. Outstanding communication skills, including solid verbal, written and listening skills. Demonstrated proficiency in the use of the English language. Capable of speaking, and writing Spanish, Portuguese, or Russian a plus.
- Accuracy – Ensure that any written content is free of mistakes and matches the messaging of all other channels.
- Understanding – Acquire clarity regarding the different segments of players inside your game and actively present them content that fulfills their needs depending on where they are in their lifecycle.
- Remain knowledgeable and up-to-date on product of expertise.
If you think you may be a good fit for this role, please apply here.