The Senior Business Analyst for World of Warships position requires a person who is adept at thinking strategically while utilizing cutting edge data analytic techniques. The person in this role is the lead member of the Business Analytics team in Emeryville. This position reports to the Director of Business Planning & Analysis in Emeryville; also a member of Wargaming’s Global Analyst Network. The analyst will be dedicated to World of Warships analytics requests.
Essential Job Function:
- Interface with Wargaming team(s) to identify information requirements, analytical questions, hypotheses, data sources, business rules, desired outcomes along with short and long-term impacts.
- Design, draft and produce reporting/analysis based on specific Regional Office requirements.
- Develop analytical/statistical models utilizing external reference and internal research data.
- Query relevant data from Hadoop and Oracle in support of request from publishing stakeholders.
- Provide analytical support for pre and post launch marketing activities, promotions, offers and campaigns; funnel metrics, performance advertising, CRM, community and industry events, business development initiatives
- Work closely with other Wargaming Analytic teams to define segmentation groupings and life-time value metrics; work with data science team(s) to create and implement propensity models that predict churn, engagement, and other user behaviors
- Assist Regional finance and operations reporting and analysis (KPI trends, forecasts).
- Create, publish and review Tableau dashboards to monitor live operations
- Provide actionable and timely feedback and recommendations to stakeholder requests
- Communicate with other analysts and data scientists on processes and methods of analyses
- Communicate with stakeholders on processes and methods of analyses
- Deliver an unbiased, fact-driven approach to research and reporting.
- Active participation in Wargaming.net’s Global Analyst Network: shared investigations, peer-reviewing, mentoring, etc., to further enhance our competitive advantage.
- Manage the analytics workflow, team projects and tasks striving for quality and efficiency
- Explore new avenues and opportunities to raise our analytical capabilities.
- Coordinate team members and manage projects for the analytics teams.
Essential Position Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or Computer Science; MBA ideal.
- 5+ years’ experience in quantitative or qualitative research (digital video game industry highly preferred).
- Advanced knowledge of relational databases (such as Oracle) and SQL scripting.
- Significant experience in Hadoop or other MapReduce technologies and databases.
- Experienced in statistical modeling and data mining
- Ability to effectively convey analysis and statistics via contextually appropriate, logical data stories from raw data.
- Track record of effective communication and presentation skills both in-person and remote.
- Familiarity or experience with unstructured data, text and sentiment analysis.
- Experience with data discovery, visualization and dashboards; Tableau experience is a must.
- Must be able to communicate highly technical data in simple ways to appropriate audience.
- Ability to offer advice and expertise to appropriate audience
- Possess effective listening skills with ability to determine root cause quickly
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- High integrity and demonstrated ability to work with confidential information.
- Extremely detail oriented with the ability to work independently, prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Passionate about digital gaming and multi-player online games.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally as needed.
- Ability to speak Russian is a plus.
- Familiarity with Python and R programming languages is a plus.
If you think you are a good fit for this opportunity, please apply here.