Wargaming America, Inc. (WGA) is the North America Publishing Office for Wargaming.net.
WGA’s 2017 Summer Internship Program is designed to introduce students to the career opportunities available in the Publishing component of the Gaming Industry. Summer interns will spend up to nine weeks working in our San Francisco Bay Area office, engaging in meaningful work that promotes WG products and services. The summer internship program is available to students who have completed one or two years of school who are pursuing a BS/BA in Computer Science, Graphic Design and/or Business Administration/Marketing.
We are looking for students with excellent writing/communications skills and a passion for international business systems/project management. Fluency in at least one foreign language preferred.
The WGA summer internship program will begin in June 2017. Publishing internships are paid at the rate of $18.00 per hour and students may also receive academic credit, depending on their school’s policy.
Our summer interns will be involved in a number of substantive projects, including:
• conducting research on current issues in the field of game publishing
• drafting memoranda on recent game launches and developments
• creating innovative new tools and services for managers
• contributing to a comprehensive database of U.S. and international gamer activities
• writing articles on developments for internal publications
• drafting talking points for conferences and presentations
Summer interns will work on high-level initiatives, working closely with WGA managers and directors with the possibility of accompanying them to conferences, trainings, and presentations.
If interested, please submit a résumé, school transcript, and short writing sample for immediate consideration here.